Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday


Today is January 1, 2015, which makes this my blog's second birthday. 

I started this blog as a New Year's resolution, when I decided to give a voice to one of the least recognized social problems in the world. To date, this is the longest-running New Year's resolution I have ever had. And I plan on keeping it running for quite a bit longer. 

It is fitting that I make this post on my blog's second birthday, rather than first, to echo the fact that many victims of sibling abuse are second- (or third- or fourth-) born children, and also to pay homage to the invisibility this problem has faced. 

This year, as I reflect on the research I've done, the posts I've written, the observations I've made, and the insights I've had, I can honestly say this project has been one of the best decisions of my life. I am grateful to each of my readers, who patiently read my posts even though I'm not always the most timely author. It has been quite a journey. I hope you will be here as I continue this journey in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment